Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Housewifery

So, it is my 13th day being a stay at home housewife. I don't like it. I also don't like that the magic perfect job fairy hasn't visited me and provided me a fulfilling and meaningful position of employment. Thing is, by nature, I'm a bit on the lazy side. Really. I have never been that person who is just inherantly motivated to get going, get moving, get cleaning, get calling, get running, get .... well.... any of that. I like to sludge along in the morning, make some coffee, watch the View and finally get my tail out the door to do something, by noon. This pattern does not an employee make. So, I intersperse my shopping and tv watching with bed making, laundry doing and counter wiping. Yeah. Exciting for exactly 3 days and 20 minutes. It's time to light the pilot light and change gear, if even a little bit. Perhaps shoot for getting out of the house by 8:30, go work out, get my drivers license changed, get the marriage license, change my name to Leon, send my resume out. Pavement? Here I come'a poundin. Well, I know me, and perhaps I could get that stuff done in a weeks time. So, while I'm sitting on the couch watching daytime tv, i get guilted by all of the commercials. You know the ones. You too can be a dental technician. Get free financing for chef school. Are you in financial trouble? Call me!!! Oy. Nothin like those blips between talk shows to make you feel like a 3 toed sloth. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself. I mean, I DID just move across the country two and a half weeks ago. No one is hounding me (except my fathers incessant tone forever emblazoned in my brain). But, I'm getting bored. That might be just the fire I need under my butt. Boredom.

No comments: