Sunday, April 24, 2011

Won't Listen

Goodbye hurts for me.

Clearly, the anticipation of goodbye
hurts for me.

My mind is aware that everything always works out just fine,
but there is a more powerful part of me that simply out and out refuses to
buy it.

My mind can look back at all the years I've traveled
and know
that goodbye doesn't truly hurt; for there have been many, many goodbyes on those roads.

Nothing bad happens.

Life moves on, and lots and lots of beauty happens.
Laughs, Joys, New People, New Places, New Thoughts that bring it all into crystal clear focus.

But that other part of me
wants life to stop

moving
stand still
cease its forward motion
and just
let me stay
motionless
in the picture that my heart thinks it might just want to stay in

forever.

But the picture never stays... does it.
It is an ever shifting

moving
changing
leaving
going
coming
swirling

mass of colors and people and places and events and experiences and and and and...

And my mind knows that it is good that life forever unfolds
that way.

But there is a place in my heart

that
just

won't


listen.

No comments: