Tuesday, December 04, 2007

wonder bread

out there
among the what not
the many whos
surrounded by the world
i cannot see with
my everyday eyes

wondering what you're
thinking
and
if
you
think about me

If you wonder at all.

Or if you are different than i am
somehow
and the questions don't intersect
with the banal
mundane
everyday

bagels and coffee
newspaper on the front porch
traffic jam
damn that long red light
like
they
do
for
me.

As I sit behind the car idling
on the highway
blinkers on
stuck in the lane
with red blue silver black whizzing past
as I am stagnant in a moment

I think of you

where you must be
what your same moment might hold

maybe painting
wonder bread with chunky and grape
following a toddling child
scolding an adolescent for too much computer time
the toilet paper is out
we need milk
where's my phone....

do thoughts of me

intersect

?

No comments: